Ticket prices About our ticket prices
When booking online, we always show you the lowest priced fare type available. You can change it to a fare type with more benefits and other conditions (such as more baggage or flexibility to change your travel dates). This may result in a higher ticket price.
Our ticket prices displayed on klm.com include all taxes and surcharges:
- Airport tax for all airports where you’ll depart, arrive, or transfer
- Security surcharge to cover insurance and security measures
- International surcharge imposed by the carrier
You can find your total ticket price, as well as a breakdown of the fare, taxes, surcharges, and extra fees, at various steps during your online booking. After booking, you can find it in your booking confirmation e-mail and in My Trip.
Booking fees are not included in the ticket price and are added during booking. A higher fee will be applied for bookings made via our KLM Customer Contact Centre or a KLM Ticket Office than for online bookings. The online booking fee differs per country; you don’t have to pay any online booking fees in most countries.
Philippine travel tax
For tickets purchased in the Philippines, a travel tax applies. This travel tax is included in the total ticket price.
Will you be departing from the Philippines, but did you purchase your tickets outside the Philippines? You’ll pay the travel tax directly to the Philippines Tourism Authority; it will not be collected by the carriers or their agents.
Travel tax per age group
- A full Philippine travel tax of PHP 1620 is included in the ticket price for all adult passengers.
- A reduced Philippine travel tax of PHP 810 is included in the ticket price for all children from 2 to 11 years old. Note that you’ll have to submit the original reduced tax certificate to the KLM Philippines Office within 3 days after purchasing your ticket. Otherwise, the additional PHP 810 to complete the Philippine tax of PHP 1620 will automatically be charged.
- For babies under 2 years old, you won’t have to pay a Philippine travel tax. Note that you’ll have to submit the original reduced tax certificate to the KLM Philippines Office within 3 days after purchasing your ticket. Otherwise, the full Philippine travel tax of PHP 1620 will automatically be charged.
Tax reduction or exemption
If you submit the necessary documents to the KLM Philippines Office before your ticket is issued, you might be exempted from paying the Philippine travel tax or you might pay a reduced Philippine travel tax.
If tax reduction or exemption applies to you, you can choose between 2 ways of payment, depending on when you will be able to submit the needed documents:
- Supporting documents submitted before your ticket is issued: PayPal, bank transfer (local and others), credit card, or debit card
- Supporting documents submitted within 3 days after your ticket has been issued: bank transfer (local and others)
- Non-immigrant foreign passport holders (adults, children, and babies) who stay in the Philippines for less than 1 year are exempt from paying the Philippine travel tax when submitting a copy of the identification pages of passport and stamp of last arrival in the Philippines.
- Babies who are under 2 years old on the date of travel and have a Philippine passport are exempt from paying the Philippine travel tax. No documents are required, but you need to indicate their date of birth during booking.
- Filipino overseas contract workers are exempt from paying the Philippine travel tax when submitting their Overseas Employment Certificate from POEA.
- Filipino permanent residents abroad who stay in the Philippines for less than 1 year are exempt from paying the Philippine travel tax when submitting a copy of the identification pages of their passport and of the stamp of their last arrival in the Philippines, and either a proof of permanent residence in your foreign country or a certification of residence issued by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate (if the country does not grant permanent resident status).
- All others listed in TIEZA travel tax exemption are exempt from paying the Philippine travel tax when submitting their Tax Exemption Certificate they’ve obtained from TIEZA.
- Children who are between 2 and 11 years old on the date of travel and have a Philippine passport pay a reduced Philippine travel tax of PHP 810. No documents are required, but you need to indicate their date of birth during booking.
- Children who are between 2 and 11 years old on the date of travel who stay in the Philippines for less than 1 year and have a foreign passport pay a reduced Philippine travel tax of PHP 810 when submitting a copy of the identification pages of passport and stamp of their last arrival in the Philippines.
- Legitimate spouses of an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) and their legitimate and unmarried children under 21 years old pay a reduced Philippine travel tax of PHP 300. They need to submit a copy of their original passport, an Overseas Employment Certificate from POEA, a copy of the original or authenticated marriage contract, the airline ticket (if already purchased), and a certification from the manning agency stating that the passenger is joining the seaman’s vessel.
Refund of travel tax
You may be entitled to a refund of the Philippine travel tax after submitting the correct documents. Please send your original OEC, TEC, or RTT certificates to the below address. Don’t forget to mention the original ticket numbers as reference.
KLM ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES Accounting Department 17th Floor, IT Hub, Wilcon Depot, 2551 Chino Roces Avenue, 1233 Makati City
Passenger service charge
When booking your ticket departing from Manila International Airport, the passenger service charge (LI tax) of PHP 500 is automatically added to your ticket price.
Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW), pilgrims, and Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) delegates are exempt from paying the LI tax, based on the Manila International Airport Authority Memorandum (March 2017). To get the exemption, they need to have the correct official supporting documents (MOA article 1 section 04). These documents are:
- Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC): document issued by the POEA certifying bearer as a legitimate Overseas Filipino Worker, which serves as exemption for OFW’s from payment of IPSC as defined under Article I, Section 7
- Balik Manggagawa: copy of a valid work visa or work permit, a valid employment contract, a current employment certificate, a valid company ID, or a recent payment slip
- MIAA Exemption Certificate: document issued by the MIAA certifying bearer as a legitimate exempted passenger under MIAA Administrative Order No. 01 Series of 2000
If you are entitled to the LI tax exemption, please select any payment option and finish your reservation. Go to the airport check-in counter at least 3 hours before departure for a documentation check by KLM staff. When KLM endorses the required documents, you can proceed to the MIAA refund counter for your LI tax refund collection. Note that non-compliance with the required documentation will mean you don’t get a refund of the LI tax at check-in.